Through these projects, we have trained national judges on the application of European competition rules, both public and private. The application of antitrust and state aid rules has been empowered to ensure a consistent application of EU competition law by national courts. Moreover, accumulating all the publications from our previous projects funded by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Competition, has been launched an online platform on EU competition law. This platform includes applicable law, relevant case law, and a glossary of competition terminology to provide language support (RO-EN-FR-HU) to competing practitioners in Romania, Hungary and Ireland (available at URL (competitionrules.eu ).
Freedom House Romania has been developing projects dedicated to competition law since 2012, training over 400 magistrates and lawyers in the field of Antitrust Rules and State Aid.
- Training in the field of antitrust law for judges in Romania, 2011-2012;
- Economy, legislation and competition: interdisciplinary training for Romanian magistrates , 2013-2015;
- Improving the application of EU competition rules in Romania: Specialized conferences for European judges, 2015-2016;
- Training of national judges in EU competition law: specialized training for European practitioners, 2016-2018;
- Supporting transnational cooperation and training in EU competition law, 2017-2019.